Shocking revelation: Not our patient, hospital says about EOC boss who feigned sickness to evade court’

New details about the embattled chairperson of Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC), Ms Sylvia Muwebwa Ntambi, indicating that she is not admitted as per documents presented to court.

Investigations by this website show that Ntambi feigned sickness to evade court where she was expected to appear on Wednesday to answer charges of corruption.

On Wednesday, Ntambi’s lawyer, MacDusman Kabega presented contradicting documents showing that his client is suffering from hypertension and was due for operation this month.

However, upon inquiry from Medik Hospital in Kawempe where he told court she had been admitted, staff at the facility told this website they have never received Ntambi as their patient and that as of Wednesday, they only had four patients on admission.

“I would not want to speak about matters I don’t understand. May be call her on phone,” said a staff who did not want to be named.

The staff revealed that medical facility does not carry out surgery apart from admitting patients.

The investigation by our reporter followed a warning issued by the Anti-corruption Court Chief Magistrate Pamela Lamunu Ocaya who issued criminal summons against Ntambi requiring her to appear and answer charges in regard to misappropriation of millions of tax payers.

“I will extend criminal summons for the very last time. Should she fail to appear at the next court sitting, I will not hesitate to issue an arrest warrant,” she ruled.

 

The last extension of criminal summons against Ntambi followed her failure to appear in court for the third time in lieu despite summons issued to her.

State attorney James Khaukha told court that investigations into the matter were complete and they were only delayed by Ntambi’s failure to appear.

Last week, the court summoned Ms Ntambi to appear after prosecution amended the charge sheet to include her as the tenth suspect. She was expected to take plea over accusations to do with conspiracy to defraud.

Ms Ntambi is jointly accused with nine other former employees of the commission who were interdicted after they were charged last year and were released on bail pending trial.

The nine suspects include former senior personal secretary to the chairperson, Ms Agnes Enid Kamahoro, Moses Mugabe (senior monitoring evaluation officer), Harriet Byangire (senior accountant), Ronnie Kwesiga (Acting accounts assistant), Evans Jjemba (Principal Compliance officer), Manasseh Kwihangana (senior compliance officer), Sarah Nassanga (office attendant) and Sunday Nicholas Olwor.

Read:  EOC boss risks arrest for snubbing court

It is alleged that between November 2018 and April 2019 at EOC offices in Kampala District, Mugabe, Mujuni, Jjemba and Ntambi being employed in the commission in their respective positions conspired to defraud the government of Shs35, 002,000.

The state alleges that between January and April 2019 at EOC offices in Kampala, Kamahoro, Mujuni, Olwor and Ntambi conspired to defraud government of Shs9, 480,000.

Prosecution alleges that between November 2018 and April 2019, Mugabe stole Shs29,270,000 to which he had access by virtue of his office and that Mugabe alone also stole another Shs14,500,300, the property of his employer (EOC) to which he had access to by virtue of his office.

The state alleges that Mugabe and Jjemba stole Shs5, 732,000 to which they had access to by virtue of their positions.

READ: EOC boss Sylvia Ntambi fakes Sickness to skip court, camps at Kadaga office

EOC boss snubs court summons

 

 

According to prosecution, in November 2018 at EOC offices, Mujuni being the secretary to the commission approved payment of Shs35, 002,000 purportedly for undertaking an audit exercise of Rural Electrification Programme in Uganda whereas not, knowing or having reason to believe that his act would cause a financial loss to the government.

Prosecution alleges that in December 2018, Kamahoro, Mujuni and Olwor, in abuse of their respective offices did arbitrary acts prejudicial to the interest of their employer when they fraudulently processed, requisitioned, approved and forwarded for payment of Shs19,723,000 purportedly for development.

According to prosecution, between January 24 and April 2019, Ms Kamahoro and Ms Nassanga stole more than Shs13million and Ms Nassanga alone another Shs13 million from EOC.

Exit mobile version